Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Greasy Update

My journey into the greasy world continues. So here are four things I learned about hair grease so far:

1. Grease travels to my scalp. And when it arrives, scary things happen. Like big nasty flakes and build-up. Ewwwwwww! I applied it sparingly, and only to my hair, like all the expert vloggers said, but alas... it ended up on my scalp, and sometimes accidentally on my face. Ewwwwwwww!


2. Grease makes for a great twist out, but the after effects are undesirable. I liken it to eating bubble yum or Big League Chew. For the first minute it's like, "Wow this stuff tastes awesome!" as the sugar sparks euphoria and makes you want to skateboard. Then after about five minutes, you're looking for a convenient place to spit it out, and you develop an overwhelming desire to brush your teeth pronto. About two days after my awesome twist out, my hair looked... faded brown? Grayish black? Either way, it just wasn't good. My hair attracts more lint when I use grease.

3. Grease is not the appropriate choice for mini-twists, but holds up well in moist climates. It looked great in the beginning, but then felt funky, heavy and linty (is linty a word? I'm going to use it in Scrabble) after just a few days.


my first set of mini-twists with grease... probably not my best idea

BUT they held up wonderfully at the beach! It was humid, too.


4. My husband really likes the scent of Three Flowers Brilliantine grease, so I will re-purpose it as a foot balm with cotton socks for overnight softness.

Now in contrast to the pics above, check out the shine from doing semi-mini-twists using KCCC - Kinky-Curly Curling Custard. Holla!








No comments: