I watched in awe as the pounds melted away and my body shape-shifted... and I can't stop! Charles and I are turning the 28-Day Challenge into the 56-Day Challenge. We are in the middle of Week 6 now. So far, I've lost 18 pounds, and Charles lost 17! A few days ago, I posted a middle-of-the-night giddy video. At the end, I accidentally turn my camera sideways, but you can kind of see what I look like now.
I'm learning how small adjustments on a consistent basis lead to huge impact over time, as outlined in the book "The Compound Effect" by Darren Hardy.
The 28-Day Challenge, like so many other fitness/eating plans, emphasizes a simple equation for weight loss: (healthy eating + working out) * time = healthy habits = FITNESS. Here are some of the changes I'm seeing:
- I was wearing Size 16/18, now I'm down to Size 12. This is HUGE change! The last time I was a 12 was about 6 years ago. Even a strict 4-month regimen of Couch-to-5K didn't yield this type of result.
- My shoes and rings fit better. Maybe this is because of cutting out a lot of salt and pork?
- I have more energy throughout the day.
- I actually look forward to working out.
- The change is happening all over. I can see a difference in my face, arms, waist, back, legs, tush -- everything is changing. However, I see the most dramatic change in my legs and face. My tummy chub is holding on for dear life, but I have definitely lost some inches.
- My skin clarity improved, I think because of the reduced sugar intake.
- When I do eat sugary sweets -- my downfall -- it's much for my taste buds, so I can't eat as much of it as I used to. I'm breaking the sugar addiction. Finally.
At some point, I will do before and after pics, but perhaps I'll save it until after the wedding. I did finally try on the bridesmaid dress last week, and I can actually zip it all the way up now. GLORAAAYYY!! God is awesome.