The Liebster Award is for up-and-coming blogsters -- such as yours truly -- who have less than 200 followers. Small bloggers, unite!
The nerd in me had to go check a German-English translator to verify the meaning. Liebster is indeed a German word (masculine, noun) which means "sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, etc." Liebste is the feminine version. **nerd moment officially over**
My dear cousin Roni is definitely all of those things. Thanks for thinking of me, hon!
Here's how it works:
- Each winner must post 11 random things about him/herself.
- Answer the 11 questions the tagger set for you.
- Choose 11 bloggers who you would like to receive The Liebster Award.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you tagged to answer.
I'm not sure where the number "11" figures into the liebster concept, but I'll go with it.
So, without further adieu, 11 Random Things about Me:
|my latest doodle using Crayola :-)|
- Jesus is AWESOME! Period.
- I'm a doodler. It helps me focus. (Hmm... based on Roni's response, maybe it runs in the family?) I also enjoy painting and drawing. One summer when I was a kid, all I did was draw hundreds of teddy bears.
- Blue Bell Ice Cream is THE BEST. Hands down. And I'm not just saying this because I'm from Texas. If you haven't tried their ice cream yet, get thee to a Walmart immediately!
- I like to think I have a green thumb, but I really don't. I can't keep houseplants alive for more than a few weeks. The stuff I plant in the yard is usually either too big for the place I put it, or it dies young. #wompwomp
- Way back in the day, I worked as a production assistant for Brian Williams, the current NBC Nightly News Anchor. He's a really nice guy, and his family is so beautiful.
- When I go shopping, about half the time it's just to touch the fabrics and materials. Silk... mmmmm. Leather... ohhhhhhh. Soft cotton... ahhhhh. *blushing*
- I really REALLY like period pieces, such as Downton Abbey, Mad Men, and Pride and Prejudice. It's not just a fad. For me this started back in the 80's with Little House on the Prairie.
- I still drive the Jeep my parents gave me when I graduated high school. Hey, it's paid for and she runs like a champ. Regular oil changes can make all the difference.
- In my lifetime, I've had more than 30 pets. Most of those were cats. My favorite pet was our Labrador, Lady. She was so sweet.
- I just started the Robert Brace 28-Day Challenge. Today is Day 4. I am officially humbled.
- Baby dolls are kind of creepy to me -- not Barbies but the ones with the big heads with eyes open or closed depending on how you position them. *skeeving*
- What's your favorite color? Navy blue.
- If you could be any animal, what would you be and why? I would be an elephant, because they are familial and majestic. I would also stomp on things and have loads of fun during bath time.
- Who inspired you the most? Jesus. He did for me what no one else in this world could ever do. Who else offers salvation, redemption, intercession and the Holy Spirit as an ever-present comforter!
- If you could go anywhere right now, where would you go and why? Hawaii, because I've heard the sunsets are breathtaking and the beach is so relaxing.
- What is your favorite food? Oh, this is a tough question, but I just melt whenever I eat a tender, fall-apart-at-the-fork, BBQ/smoked brisket. My dad makes the best brisket ever.
- What was your favorite subject in school? It's a tie between Honors Art and English.
- What is your dream job? Philanthropist + world traveler + Christian counselor, giving liberally, seeing this gorgeous planet, and helping people get free.
- What is your favorite season and why? Spring is my favorite season because it's cool, the birds are singing, the earth is blooming and the mosquitoes aren't out yet.
- Besides blogging, what is your favorite hobby? Anything I can do creatively with my hands, such as jewelry, sculpting, painting, photography and video editing.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what are three things you would take with you? My husband, an amazingly comfortable bed, and an unlimited supply of Pandora radio.
- What movie would you pick to describe your life and why? Haaa... I have absolutely no idea, but maybe The Goonies? It's a coming-of-age adventure story. Kids find a treasure map, go on an journey not too far from home, knock down the bad guys and show love to other outcasts. One kid gets his first kiss. It's sweet, and it's the first thing I thought of, which is just plain weird.
So I really can't think of 11 small bloggers! I hope I don't kill the duck by doing this, but I'm going to open this up to ANY small blogger OR vlogger who would like to participate. Once you post, please submit a comment letting me know, and then folks can trek on over to your site to get to know you better.
And now, for you lovelies out there, 11 Questions!
- What's the best thing that's happened to you so far in 2012?
- If you could be any kind of vehicle -- motorized (like a car) or non-motorized (like a skateboard), which would you be and why?
- What's your favorite comfort food?
- What motivated you to start blogging/vlogging?
- How would you describe your personal style in three words?
- Who is your hero and why?
- What are the first five songs which show up in your music player (e.g. iTunes, mp3)?
- What color dominates your clothing closet?
- Which precious stone best represents you?
- Which room in your house is your favorite and why?
- What types of movies do you most enjoy?
Much love, and have fun!