Friday, April 27, 2012

I love people. They frustrate me sometimes, but I still love them.

Nom nom nom yummy = the sound I make on the inside when I see the Spinach and Artichoke egg souffles at Panera. Naughty little souffle... you tasted so good.



I enjoyed one of these delightfully fluffy egg things with a good friend of mine this morning. We sat outside in the morning sun and perfect 68-degree weather. Charles calls us CWOLs -- Christian Women of Leisure. Hmph!   (0_0)        ...but secretly, I like that moniker.

Anywho, we were chattin' it up, discussing people -- both family and strangers -- and how easy it is sometimes to be forgiving of those we love, but not the strangers who wrong us. And sometimes it's the opposite -- we have a hard time forgiving family and friends, but we're willing to do so for the stranger. The point is relationships, communication, and human interaction can be difficult sometimes. Stuff gets lost between "what I mean to say in my head, before it comes out of my piehole" and what the other person hears. Body language is misinterpreted. Facial expressions can sometimes disguise true feelings. So how do we push past what we feel and love people for real?

For one, as Christians we have to see each other by the spirit, through spiritual eyes, the way God sees us. I'm still practicing this. We should give each other the benefit of the doubt instead of leaning toward thinking the worst.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness in this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
-Ephesians 6:12, KJV

No comments: