Thursday, July 12, 2012

My first attempt at a friendship bracelet in 80 years.

Okay, the title isn't accurate. I'm not 80 yet.

But here's my first attempt at making a friendship bracelet since I was a wee-little gal. Also, it's really hard to take a picture with one hand using this Droid 3 phone... which, unlike the 1st gen Droid, has no physical button -- only a touch screen. Maybe it's time for me to invest in a regular camera?



Wow my arm looks much hairier in pics than it does IRL.

Really this was supposed to be my version of a DIY armband for the cheap watch I bought on the cruise. The poor strap fell apart in less than a week. But my little suede rope creation just didn't look right with the watch face. #FAIL

So voila -- my new bracelet!  I have a feeling I'll be at the craft store this weekend buying embroidery floss. I forgot how much fun it is to zone out making a Chevron pattern. 

2 comments:

LOCKEDOWN said...

cool! my bff is moving and we made each other bracelets that were to long so we wear them as anklets lol

nice job

Unknown said...

@LOCKEDOWN Thanks, and that's a good idea to do a friendship anklet. So if I make them too short, which I have done twice this week, I guess I could wear it as a ring. haha!