Friday, December 16, 2011

Pot Roast in a Slow Cooker



Special thanks to Mariel for sending me this fantastic recipe for beef (10 points) plus vegetables (5 points) in slow cooker (50 points!). That's a winner, because any recipe I don't really have to stand over for 5-6 hours takes prime real estate inside my recipe box. Chef John's videos prove to be quick, easy, and he's funny to boot. And to whoever invented the crock pot, you should win a medal and an iPad.

This recipe is kind of similar to a posting for beef stew posted by my high school classmate, De'Andra, author of the HighlyFlavoredSC blog. D, I made your beef stew recipe last week. DH and I were all over it, girl, and you're right -- it tasted better every day. Thank you for sharing your gift and flair for good home-cooked eats!

No comments: