Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Three More Days

With only three days remaining in 2011, I'm thinking deeply about what I need to leave behind this year. 



Wouldn't it be wonderful to begin 2012 with zero baggage?
What if I left behind every ounce and milligram of doubt and disbelief?
How would my life be different if I gave up my surplus and traded it for breathing room?
How many minutes of wasted time did I rack up this year, and how will I improve my use of precious time for next year?

By all international standards, even those of us living at the poverty line in America are doing better than most people in the world, and yet there's a constant pull for MORE. Two years ago we gave up the cable box, and I would be shocked if we ever went back to it. Yet there was a desire to back fill what we gave up with replacement entertainment, and still I want MORE... but it would serve me well to do MORE with LESS -- LESS frivolous conversation and MORE Godly fellowship. LESS absorbing the world and MORE permeating the world with what God is pouring into me. LESS of me and MORE of Him.

Life lived more abundantly.
Love given freely.
Words chosen wisely.

What will you leave behind this year?

No comments: