Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 30: One Thing Your Excited For

30-Day Blog Challenge - last day!

Happy Independence Day!


Just one thing about which I'm excited?!  No, no.  This won't do.

First of all, Happy Independence Day!  I pray you had a safe and blessed holiday weekend.  I'm excited about celebrating the day, relaxing in fellowship with friends and eating some high-quality meat, preferably cooked over an open flame.  What's more exciting than a weekend filled with fireworks? How about a summer vacation on a beautiful island? Oh yea.  I'm interested in seeing how I well I maintain my current hair regimen with limited products. I wonder how many travel-size tubes of curly pudding and shea butter I can pack without alarming the TSA? Maybe I'll just wear twists the whole time. I haven't decided yet.

I'm even more excited about starting a family. I'm not pregnant, but I do have great expectations (hey, you never know what God has in store!). We are starting foster care/adoption information sessions soon.  We are ready to learning as much as possible so we can share our love with a child (or children). It's going to be a whole new world.



Peabo and Regina just killed it on this one.

I'm also excited about writing more regularly and frequently. This challenge served as a great appetizer for me and showed me it is both possible and enjoyable to blog and still have a life. It prepped my palette for other creative pursuits, including video editing, making earrings, crafting and sketching. Thanks again to Tia of HerBestHair for posting the challenge.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was thinking along the same lines regarding this challenge. It got me into the habit of posting more and posting regularly. I'm glad I found it and I'm glad that we both enjoyed. It would have been awful if it ending up just being a waste of time.