Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 21: Hopes for the Future

30-Day Blog Challenge


"On Christ the solid rock I stand. All other ground is sinking sand."
From the classic hymn "My Hope is Built On Nothing Less" by Edward Mote (1797-1894)


Source
My greatest hope is to please the Lord, that in the end He would say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant.  Daughter, you have been faithful over few things.  I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into My joy!"  Then, I will do cartwheels and backflips.  For real.

And I realize I can't get there if I'm distracted by the things of this world (including too much focus on natural hair).  I can't be disillusioned, depressed or downtrodden.  I can't be a complainer or a procrastinator.  I can't be so easily annoyed by people.  And the most important thing I can't do is try to do it all on my own.  I need God.

All of You and none of me, Father!


I can't just be a God-stalker.  I've got to have a regular, consistent prayer life to enrich my relationship with Him (in fact, to have a relationship with Him at all).  I've got to die to myself daily.  I've got to stand every day and in every way.  I just thank God for His grace and mercy renewed daily... because I need it.  I need God.

Any other "hope" I can think of -- to have children, to retire young, etc. -- is just icing on the cake.  Sweet life fluff.  The number one thing I hope for is to be with The Lord.

No comments: