Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 3: A Book You Love

30-Day Blog Challenge

Ok, this one is just too easy.  I love the Holy Bible, the KJV to be specific.  I love it because it holds my "Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth," and His Word is meat to me.  He makes all things new, and the Bible never gets old.

Some others:

  • Non-Fiction:  Victory Over The Darkness by Neil Anderson - this book was right on time for me when I needed to understand who I was according to what God said about me.  
  • In the suspense/thriller category, I like Intensity by Dean Koontz - because my dear Dad introduced me to this author and I've always enjoyed his work.  This one in particular was a page-turner.  I think I finished it in less than two days.  I must admit, I haven't read anything by him since.  *blushing*
  • From grad school, my favorite was The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, who has since written other books... which I have not read yet.  This is bad!  I obviously need to read more.  
I tend to do more periodicals than books these days.  Why didn't someone tell me about Ready Made magazine when it first came out!?  I found it at Target the other day (it was the only copy on the shelf) and I am sold, I tell you.  SOLD.

No comments: