Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 22: Your Academics

30-Day Blog Challenge

Ah, academics.  I've always been kind of a nerd and I enjoyed school for the most part, especially English, art, math, and journalism. I was one of those GT kids who took a lot of field trips.  I really didn't have a heart for Chemistry and Physics in high school.  Still, I know I could have achieved more if I had applied myself and been more committed. Apply yourselves, grasshoppers!

After wrapping up high school in West Texas, I graduated from The University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Journalism - Broadcast News.  My favorite classes were the hands-on broadcasting classes I completed with my small cohort during the last two years.  Radio was the bees knees!  After graduating, I worked for one of the networks for a few years up north, and then moved to NC with hubby.  I always knew I wanted an MBA, and (finally) came to fruition a couple of years ago at Meredith College in Raleigh, NC.  At present, I'm a student of Maranatha Christian College and Theological Seminary in Durham, which I must say has been my favorite learning experience, hands down.  In the fall, there is a planned class on Christian Parenting, which I highly recommend, even to those who aren't parents yet.





No comments: