Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 15: Your Zodiac/Horoscope and If You Think it Fits Your Personality

Ever seen those P4CM "Generation EX" t-shirts?  I could wear one saying I am an EX-horoscope reader.  Here's why:


1) First and foremost, it's not biblical.  As Christians, God calls us to be holy, and He makes clear horoscopes don't line up with His plans for us (See Deuteronomy 18:9-14).

2) Horoscopes are too subjective to have any credence.  You can read your horoscope for any given day in five different newspapers, and they will all say different -- and often conflicting or inaccurate -- things.  I know because I tried it.

3) Along the same lines as #2, other people's horoscope readings can make more sense than the one specified for you.  I say "specified" lightly. If you're a Pisces, try reading the Libra horoscope for a month.  It's so generic, it could apply to anybody.  And therein lies another problem with horoscopes -- the same reading is supposed to apply to me as well as the other 583,333,332 people in the world born during the same 30-day period as me (7 billion on earth divided by 12 months)?  **long pause**  Really?!  Ok.

I realize the zodiac thing "works" a little differently, but it's basically the same concept.  Supposedly, I'm pretty much just like every one else born in the same year as me, and then every one born in 12-year increments before or after me is pretty much just like me as well.  Yeah... right.  Are you just like everyone you graduated with from high school?

Womp-womp-wooooooooomp <-- that's the sound of the horoscope bouncing into the garbage bin.

Instead of reading horoscopes, I focus on what God says about me.  He says I'm a king and a priest, a holy nation, more than a conqueror, a channel of Christ's life, healed, delivered and set free.  And no horoscope will ever be able to give us what God has and continues to give us -- His love!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You broke it down! Great post.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Tia! :)