Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Video-of-the-Day: GirlsLoveYourCurls


I am currently a cheerleader for natural hair vlogging.  One day soon, I hope to make it off the bench and get into the vlogging game myself.  Put me in, coach! Look at me, I can be, centerfield... (you need to have been around in the 80s to know about that one).

Today while perusing comments about banding and stretching technique at bglhonline.com, I noticed a plug for a vlogger (a.k.a. YouTuber or video blogger).  Upon reviewing just one of her videos, I knew I was about to become a subbie (subscriber) for GirlsLoveYourCurls:



Nadine, who happens to be Ghanian raised in England, cracks me up.  In addition to having a very cool accent, she's skilled at showing her Ghanian-influenced natural hair techniques while infusing her own personality and humor effortlessly.  To me, this is a winning combination for a hair vlogger.

Per her YouTube profile:  I would love for this channel to empower parents and caretakers, so they can empower their children, by teaching them how to take care of and LOVE their natural hair! This light hearted channel aims to give tips, ideas and encouragement to caretakers of children with naturally curly, kinky, beautiful hair.

Nadine also happens to remind me of two of my best friends and several of my Liberian in-laws, which I know sounds kind of weird, but it makes her videos that much more endearing to me.

I'll have to do a post later about banding and stretching, and perhaps I'll try this weave thread thing on myself... which should be... interesting.  Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy her vids.

No comments: